Are you aged between 16-24, not in employment, training or education with a minimum level 1 in Maths and English?
Town & Country Foundation has been fortunate to received apprenticeship funding to support a young person who is not in employment, education or training into a Customer Service and Administration Assistant role at Countrywise Repairs Ltd, Tunbridge Wells, Kent.
This apprenticeship vacancy will be working within the customer service and commercial team and undertaking a number of different roles:-
• Work within a customer service driven sector where service excellence is paramount.
• Understand working within targets and performance indicators where satisfaction is measured and recorded.
• Develop effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Respond to calls from customers and develop the ability to manage their needs
• Gain understanding and skills and techniques to manage difficult customers.
• Gain experience and knowledge of repairs
• Utilise bespoke operational software to record repairs history and appoint jobs.
• Handle and manage complaints responding both verbally and in written communication
• Interact with all stakeholders including our shareholders (Wates and Town and Country Housing Group)
• Build working relationships with work colleagues and clients.
• Able to work in a fast moving and very responsive office environment
• Exposure to repairs and maintenance environment where large volume repairs are undertaken by tradespeople and sub-contractors.
Training and Future Prospects:
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Framework – consisting of the NVQ Level 2 in Customer Service Technical Certificate and Functional Skills if appropriate. Regular work based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training and Apprenticeships (KT&A) Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards.
Potential for full time employment for the correct candidate.
Skills and Personal Qualities Required:
• Basic computer skills
• Plan and time manage own workload
• Good maths and English skills (minimum Level 1)
• Ability to work in an organised and structured way
• Good telephone manner and communication skills
• Able to work under pressure
• Well organised
Hours: 30 hours per week (8am-3pm or 9am-4pm with a one hour lunch break)
Wage: £7.20ph / £216 pw
Location: Tunbridge Wells, Kent
Closing date for Applications: 17th July 2017
In the first instance contact Carmen Midmore or Paula Cook 01892 501480 or email email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org for an application pack. (Please email both Carmen and Paula)
This opportunity is open to young people who are currently not in employment, education or training. However we would be very interested to hear from young people who are living independently, are parents of young children, face barriers to work because of disability and anyone who faces other challenges to employment.